Vatican Morning Tour
Skip the long lines to the Vatican City with prebooked tickets! Our Vatican Morning Tour is the best way to see all that Vatican City has to offer while avoiding the many and long queues together with your knowledgeable guide.
- Enjoy a 2-hour guided tour of Vatican City
- Explore the world-renowned Vatican Museums
- Learn about the Vatican from your engaging guide
- Experience the beauty of The Sistine Chapel
- Visit St. Peter's Basilica on your own after your tour
Guided Tour of the Vatican
The Vatican Morning Tour covers all the major highlights of the Vatican Museums' vast art collections.
Your English-speaking guide will show you around the enormous museum and make sure you get the most out of your time in Vatican City. Our guides on our Vatican tours are extremely well-liked and they get many positive appraisals from our guests.
Among other things, you'll get to see and hear more about the Rooms of Raphael, The Belvedere Courtyard and, of course, The Sistine Chapel.
After leaving The Sistine Chapel, which is the last stop of the tour, you will have direct access to St. Peter's Basilica where you can browse around this magnificent church on your own for as long as you like!
We also offer the same identical tour in the afternoon - Vatican Afternoon Tour. If you would also like a guided tour of the Vatacombs and St. Peter's Basilica, then try our Vatican Museum, Vatacombs and St. Peter's Basilica tour instead!
The tour is operated in English.
How do I get my tickets?
Shortly after your booking is complete your e-ticket is sent directly to your email, just print it out and bring it on your tour.
Where does the tour begin?
The tour starts by the When In Rome Tours' office. The address will be on your e-ticket. Please be there 30 minutes before the tour starts.
Where does the tour end?
The tour ends by St. Peter's Basilica.
How long does the tour last?
The tour lasts approx. 2 hours.
Is there a dress code?
Yes, there is a strict dress code at the Vatican. Shoulders and knees must be covered for both women and men. Sandals are considered appropriate.
Are there children's tickets?
Yes, children's tickets are available for children between age 6-17. Children under age 6 are free when accompanied by a paying adult.
- You will skip all official queues, and they can be very long, up to several hours. However on certain days like bank holidays, weekends and religious holidays there might be some lines. This cannot be avoided, but these lines will be far shorter than the public ones.
- Due to the popularity of the attractions and the number of visitors on the sites, your tour might take longer than anticipated. We regret any inconvenience this might cause you.
- Cancellations can happen at very short notice. In this case, we will contact you and offer you alternative tour dates or get you a full refund.
- Due to security reasons, we strongly recommend that you do not bring any large bags or packages.
- This tour is conducted as a walking tour, as no vehicles are allowed inside the Vatican, so please wear appropriate footwear.