Ottoman Relics Tour
Dive into the fascinating history of the Muslim world on a tour to the Topkapı Palace and Sultan Tombs.
Topkapı Palace is the largest palace in Istanbul as well as the primary residence of the Ottoman Sultans for approximately 400 years of their 624-year reign. Today the palace exhibits the imperial treasury, sacred relics of Prophet Mohammed, Chinese porcelain, weapons, calligraphy collection and much more.
There are five tombs of Ottoman Sultans within the graveyard at Hagia Sophia, also known as the Sultan Tombs. The ceramic panels are the most beautiful examples of the 16th century with purple, red, green and blue flower motives.
Duration: 3 hours from 2:00 PM-5:00 PM.
The trip includes the following highlights:
- Immerse yourself in the history of the Ottoman Empire with a visit to the Topkapi Palace.
- Walk in the footsteps of the Ottoman Sultans as you view the various exhibits, which include Chinese porcelain, weapons, calligraphy and much more.
Included in the ticket price: Round trip transfer from/to centrally located hotels in Istanbul, museum entrance fees, donations to the tombs and a knowledgeable tour guide.
- Shortly after your booking is complete, you will receive an e-ticket by mail. Please print out your ticket and bring it with you on the tour.
- There is free round trip transfer to/from centrally located hotels near Taksim Sq., Sultanahmet and Aksaray. Before you can complete your booking, you will be asked to give us the name of your hotel, so we can arrange your transfer. If you stay at hotels near the airport or at hotels located at the Asian side of Istanbul, then there might be added a pick-up fee, or you will be asked to show up at a tour-start address in central Istanbul. Before you can complete your booking, you will be asked to give us the name of your hotel, so we can arrange your pick-up.
- The tour starts at 2 PM, but since you are being picked up at your hotel, we kindly ask you to call our tour operator approx. 24 hours in advance, in order to get you exact pick-up time to avoid waiting in the hotel's lobby. The phone number will clearly be started on the voucher/e-ticket we send you.
- The tour is in English.
- Children's tickets are available from age 3-7. Children between 0-2 years are free, when accompanied by a paying adult.
- The Harem section is not included at the trip to the Topkapi Palace.